Medical Interpreting Certificate Program (Web-led)
WLIW-050 Medical Interpreting Certificate Program (Web-led)
Medical Interpreting (Open to All Languages)
Medical interpreters are in great demand both in-person and remotely by video or phone. Interpreters can elect to work for a hospital, school, or state agency, or as contractors with many agencies throughout the country. They can also elect to work remotely from home where they can work independently and make their own hours. Open to all languages, this 60-hour program provides working knowledge of medical interpreting, including standards of practice, ethics, HIPAA regulations, cultural competency, and medical terminology/vocabulary. The course provides intense practice via oral role plays on a variety of medical topics. The student will also be introduced to VRI (video remote interpreting) and OPI (Over the Phone Interpreting). Offered in collaboration with TransFluenci EDU, this course is designed for those preparing for entry-level careers as medical interpreters as well as for working interpreters preparing for the National Board Certificate exam. Students must be fully bilingual and must be fluent in English and one other language. This program meets the National Board for Medical Interpreter Certification training requirement and prepares you to pass the national certification exam. Upon completion of this course, students may elect to apply for national certification.
For information on certification requirements and cost click on the links below:
Because a language assessment is required, students must register at least two weeks in advance.
Times: 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Dates: June 12 - August 21, 2021
What You Need to Know to Become a Medical Interpreter
Books may be purchased on Amazon or other book vendors.
Withdraw prior to the start of class* - 100% Refund
No Refunds will be given once class begins
* Please note that special refund policies apply to some courses. The cost of non-returnable items will not be refunded.
In the absence of a written third party contractual agreement stating otherwise, all refunds will be issued to the student. Credit card payments will be refunded directly to the credit card if processed within thirty days of the payment.
Course Cancellation Policy
The STCC Workforce Training office reserves the right to cancel any course that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements.
To view Medical Interpreting Certificate Program (Web-led) related careers, live job listings, and average salaries please see STCC’s Career Coach.
For More Information, Please Contact:
The STCC Workforce Development Center
Building 27, Second Floor
- Phone: 413-755-4225
- Email: email@example.com
- Click: Online Registration
- Click on “Search and Register for Workforce Training Classes”
- Type in “Med" and hit “Submit"
- Carefully click the SELECT box for the course that you want to take. There may be several choices so make sure you select the right course and dates.
- Enter your personal and credit card information.
- Please note, STCC accepts Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express as well as E-check payments. Students may pay with cash, checks, money orders, and E-Checks as a fee-free alternative to credit/debit payments.
- Your receipt will be immediately emailed to you.
- If you do not receive your receipt, check with our office at 413-755-4225 a few weeks prior to the class.
Enroll in Person
At this time due to COVID-19, in-person enrollment has been suspended until further notice.